La Rentrée The French Way
The French Way
Have you ever heard of La Rentrée? Probably not, unless you’re French or know someone who is French and has mentioned this before.
It’s the time in France after the long August summer holiday when school is back in session and normal life resumes, preparing for the new season ahead. Honestly, only the French would have a chic term for this sort of thing.
However, this had me thinking about how I am also excited for an entry into the Fall season. After, an amazing and memorable Summer trip, I am ready for a change of seasons and what’s to come.
I am looking forward to cozy sweaters, sitting outside drinking warm coffee on a cool Fall morning, seeing the leaves turn into beautiful shades of autumn tones, and wearing blazers, jeans, and loafers.
Here’s a little vision board I have of my version of La Rentrée-
A few things to note that I am looking forward to for Fall.
- Wearing Houndstooth blazers like this one with denim and boots.
- Cozy sweaters like this for cool Fall mornings.
- My favorite Fall candles burning throughout the house.
- Making our favorite Fall dish- Ina’s Beef Bourguignon.
- Drinking Bordeaux in the evenings by the fire.
- Baking French Apple Tarts and the smell of them throughout the house.
- Pulling out my go-to trench and wool coats.
- Have an outdoor picnic with warm cozy blankets on a crisp weekend.
What are you most looking forward to for Fall and how are you creating your own La Rentrée.