Parisian Fall Capsule 2022
My Parisian fall capsule is here. An inspirational and seasonal guide to help you create that perfect French fall capsule wardrobe and provide inspiration for the autumn season.
At the start of each new season, I like to put together a graphic of a capsule collection to help me narrow down what pieces I want to wear for the season.
I like to make sure I have a good foundation of basics to mix and match with other items. This way when buying new pieces I can sprinkle in some fun pieces that will go with other items in my closet
What’s A Capsule Wardrobe?
A capsule collection consists of key essential and timeless pieces that you can wear year after year and last more than one season.
Invest in pieces that are versatile, classic, and never go out of style. You can honestly make your capsule collection whatever you want it to be, but the idea is to stick between 20-40 pieces.
With these classic pieces, you are able to come up with different outfit formulas to carry you through one season and into the next season.
How To Get French Fall Style
Parisians and French women are consistently among the most timeless and classic examples of wearing pieces over and over and looking chic. I looked to them when putting together this Parisian-inspired Fall wardrobe capsule.
I’ve put together a capsule of 24 pieces to help you get that effortless, chic style combining classic basics, neutral colors, and versatile pieces to mix and match.
This doesn’t necessarily mean you have to wear these exact 24 pieces exclusively either. There are other classics, chic pieces you can wear, and maybe a trend here or there. However, having timeless pieces narrowed down will help with your selection.
How To Choose Your Parisian Fall Capsule Pieces
In case you’re wondering how I choose each of these pieces, I took several things into consideration.
- What pieces did I need to add to my wardrobe?
- What classic colors would I wear throughout this season and into the next season?
- I looked back at all the Parisian street-style pictures I’ve taken over the years. Interestingly enough, pictures I took of Parisian street style 8 years ago, are still relevant pieces French women are wearing today.
- How many wears could I get out of this specific piece?
- Is the piece timeless, classic, chic, and stylish?
- A lot of these pieces are investment pieces because I want to wear them for more than one season. I am willing to pay a bit more for quality that I know will last for years. However, I understand everyone’s budget is different. Next to each item, I’ve listed a less expensive option if available and I could find something similar in look.
24 Piece Parisian Fall and Autumn Capsule
- White Button Down (less expensive option)- The hero piece of any wardrobe. Easy for wearing by itself with jeans or trousers. Or layer the button-down under a sweater or jacket.
- Black Crewneck (less expensive option)- Always a necessity for each season is a basic long sleeve and short sleeve crewneck in all neutral colors.
- Silk Cami (less expensive option)- Beautiful to wear under blazers when you want to elevate an outfit without wearing a tee.
Jeans and Trousers
- Dark Denim (less expensive option)- Loving dark denim when you don’t necessarily want to wear black denim. Dark denim is a bit more elevated and chic.
- Black Denim (less expensive option)-Always a necessary pair of denim for any season to have on hand.
- Brown Trousers (less expensive option)- Love the high waist of these trousers to wear with tees and sweaters. For an elevated look go with a black blazer or tweed jacket, and cami on top.
- Black Trousers (less expensive option)- Classic staple to wear with sweaters all season.
- Slip Dress (less expensive option)- Gorgeous dress you can wear in multiple ways. Wear it with a tweed jacket and boots for a night out. Or, throw a sweater over it during the day and wear it with sneakers.
- Cream Sweater – A basic sweater that goes with everything and can be worn well into the next seasons.
- Stripe Sweater – Every French capsule needs a good striped sweater. This one has an oversized feeling.
- Turtleneck – Always elegant looking with jeans or trousers. Love turtlenecks in shades of camel, black, and navy. Another favorite turtlenecks are the Jacob Jumper from Sézane, I wear a medium.
Jackets and Blazers
- Tweed Jacket – Classic, elevated, and so Parisian. This Mango jacket is gorgeous, of amazing quality for the price point, and can be worn with jeans or trousers. I wear my normal size in this medium.
- Plaid Blazer– (less expensive option)- Plaid or even houndstooth blazers are such great options to have when you want something else besides a neutral color. You can still easily wear them with a cami, turtleneck, or sweater. Look for ones that have basic and classic color patterns throughout the jacket. I have this blazer in my normal size.
- Navy Blazer -(less expensive option)- My favorite color and a very Parisian color as well. Navy helps you look elegant and sophisticated. The gold buttons are a beautiful detail and you can easily dress this blazer up or down. Another option is my personal favorite Navy blazer from Sézane, which I sized up in.
- Camel Coat – Elegant and elevated, a camel coat is beautiful for fall and autumn and this one is heavy enough to wear into winter as well. The longer length helps to elongate and the camel is a beautiful shade. Can be worn with jeans, trousers, tall boots and a dress for the season. Other beautiful camel coat options are this one from Anine Bing and the Johnson Coat from Sézane.
- Faux Shearling Coat – Love this affordable option for a shearling coat. It makes me think of Parisian chic with a cool girl vibe.
- Lug Sole Loafer – Loafers are a classic shoe for fall and autumn and there are many different styles to choose from. Go with a basic black loafer or choose more of a heeled lug sole version. Either way, you can’t go wrong.
- Black Ankle Boots– A little heel goes a long way with jeans and trousers. I have these boots from last year and they received so much wear. I can’t wait to use them again this year.
- Brown Ankle Boots – The color of these boots is gorgeous and different from just plain brown boots. The rich color will go with so many different outfit combinations. This is a great price point for these boots.
- Sneakers (less expensive option)- Classic white sneakers and favorite French brand.
- Suede Tote (less expensive option)- Suede is a great option for fall and this Isabel Marant tote is so chic and can be used as an everyday bag or great for traveling. It has a very French girl-edgy vibe.
- Brown Bag– Love the price point of this brown bag that has a classic silhouette.
- Black and Brown Bag (less expensive option)- I love love this beautiful Tory Burch bag so much. It’s such an amazing dupe for a Hermès bag and more than half the price. It’s definitely an investment bag but one to use for years and look so classy.
- Black Leather Bag (less expensive option)- Classic and great for everyday use as well as evenings out.
French Capsule Outfit Ideas
Fall Parisian Capsule Wardrobe Notes
- This Fall Parisian capsule and list of outfits are meant to help inspire your own wardrobe selection. You don’t need to wear the exact item shown, but wear what inspires you and works for your lifestyle and body type.
- You don’t need exactly between 20-40 pieces either. The goal though is to help from making purchases you don’t necessarily need. With classic, timeless, versatile pieces in your closet, this should help prevent the need to go shopping every weekend.
- Getting dressed every day should be fun and exciting. When you have a wardrobe you love this isn’t a problem. Just remember every time you think about buying something, is it a piece you truly love and will get multiple uses out of? Or, are you just buying something because it’s on sale?
- Some of my favorite places to shop for capsule pieces are Sézane, ba&sh Paris, Mango, Everlane, & Other Stories, Net A Porter, and Shopbop.
In a few weeks, I will be starting my 30-day Parisian-inspired capsule videos. Each day I will show you a different outfit to wear and how I am inspired by my own French capsule collection. I will be wearing some version of the 24 pieces shown above.
Hopefully, this 24-piece French fall capsule helps to inspire your own wardrobe and outfit selections.
This article contains affiliate links if you should make a purchase, I will make a small commission. Merci