Packing For Paris
Fall has officially started and here’s my packing wish list for Paris if I were going. So many people I know or follow are heading to the city of lights over the next week. It’s a gorgeous time to go and explore the sights and one of the best times to head to Paris. I am hoping maybe we can go in Fall next year but until then here’s my Paris in the Fall Wishlist in case you are heading there.
Paris In The Fall – What To Pack
The temperatures are on the cooler side during both the day and night and being by the river you can get that cool breeze. It’s best to pack items you can layer and that are more neutral and versatile to wear.
For outerwear you want a few selections to wear such as a trench coat, wool blazer and or coat, and leather jacket. A rain jacket is not a bad idea either since it will usually rain at some point during the trip. Again, keep the jackets and blazer to a neutral color so you can mix and match your outfits.
Paris Outwear Wishlist – Paris in the Fall
- J.Crew Trench Coat – A trench coat is always a good idea for Paris and so iconic. You can wear it with jeans, pants, and any kind of top. Pair it with a scarf, ballet flats, and leather handbag and you will fit right in with the locals. I love this J.Crew version that’s a little more structured and elevated.
- Sézane Wool Coat – Paris gets cold in the Fall especially being by the river so a wool coat is a necessity. I love the look of this one in either the navy or camel color. Very chic and classic and the colors go with anything.
- H&M Boulce Jacket – This is a great Chanel jacket dupe at an amazing price. The quality of this jacket is also very nice and hips right at the hips. With a tee underneath and jeans this is pure Parisian. The jacket looks tweek but is actually a woven, textured bouclé. Still perfect for Paris in the Fall.
- Madewell Leather Jacket – Always a staple in any Parisians closet and perfect for Paris in the Fall is a leather jacket. This leather jacket has been my go to for the past 4 years. It looks great with everything and is buttery soft to wear.
- J.Crew Wool Blazer – A blazer is a must have for Paris always. Paired with denim and flats this is my go to look. I love the dark grey on this blazer. Masculine yet timeless all at the same time. I would wear a silk button down under this blazer.
- J.Crew Black Blazer – I prefer to also take a black blazer as well. This is my go to black blazer always. Fits perfectly and looks classic.
Tops for Paris
Tops should be a good mix of sweaters, tees for layering, a few button downs (silk or white), and of course a stripe top.
Paris Tops Wishlist – Paris in the Fall
- Cuyana Tees – My absolute favorite tees ever. I always recommend these tees because the quality is amazing and they look great layered. I would take a black and a white one.
- Everlane Silk Button Down – This is a beautiful silk button down at a great price. I’ve had this top for a few years now and it’s still in amazing condition.
- Mango Stripe Top – This is a great price for a stripe top and a must when going to Paris obviously.
- Mer Sea Cashmere Sweater – This is a new cashmere piece to me and by far the best cashmere sweater I’ve ever owned. The fit is perfect, the cashmere is so soft, and it’s lightweight. My only problem is I need the other colors now. Cashmere is so incredibly elegant and this sweater can be worn on it’s own or under a blazer.
A few pairs of jeans and black pants should be all you need. A great wool skirt looks beautiful as well and would be perfect for dinner.
Paris Bottoms Wishlist – Paris in the Fall
- Mango Wool Skirt – I love the asymetrical of this wool skirt, perfect with booties, tights, and a sweater.
- Madewell Straight Leg Denim – Parisian women love straight leg jeans over skinny and these do not disappoint.
- Madewell Black Skinny Denim – I am not a huge fan of skinny jeans but I do believe they are the best for booties to go over. Madewell is always my go to for denim.
- Bash Paris Black Pants – I bought these pants for 50% off and so happy with them. The quality is great and the length hits me just right. These can be worn with the blazers, any of the tops, and sweaters.
Sneakers, loafers, booties, and flats are on my list. All easy shoes to walk in and can go with anything. A lot of the times I take an extra pair of shoes in my bag to change into if needed.
Paris Shoes Wishlist – Paris in the Fall
- Le Specs Sunnies – My go to sunnies that I have lost twice and replaced twice because I love them so much.
- Suede Ankle Boots – Great boots to wear with the skinny jeans and wool skirt. Just enough height and the suede material elevates the boot.
- Sézane Jack Sneaker – When we went to Paris this summer, I wore this every single day. Never once did I get a blister or any sort of rubbing. Incredibly comfortable and worth every penny.
- Everlane Loafer – These loafers are incredibly comfortable and look so classic Parisian in either color.
- Chanel Ballet Flats – The ultimate Parisian shoe is the Chanel ballet flats. There are lots of dupes you can find out there and you can also find gently worn ones on sites like The Real Real and Tradesy. I found mine on Tradesy and paid less than half the retail price. You would have no idea they had been worn before.
The only accessories you really need are a great leather handbag, a warm wool scarf, and sunnies. You can also pack a wool hat if you like to wear hats. Or, you could get really cliche and wear a beret.
Accessories Wishlist – Paris in the Fall
- Longchamp Tote -This is the best bag for travel. I lugged this bag all over Paris this Summer. I put both my cameras inside along with a change of shoes, my big travel wallet, and a refillable water bottle. It’s light weight and I highly recommend for a travel bag.
- A.P.C. Leather Bag – On my list is this classic leather bag made by a Parisian brand.
- Acne Studios Wool Scarf – I have this scarf in black and grey. I realize it’s expensive for a scarf but when I am cold, I would pay anything to be warm. This scarf is so cozy and warm and worth the investment. It’s longer so I can wrap around my neck and I love the fringe detail.
Paris in the Fall Packing Wishlist
- J.Crew Trench Coat
- Sézane Wool Coat
- H&M Boulce Jacket
- Madewell Leather Jacket
- J.Crew Wool Blazer
- J.Crew Black Blazer
- Cuyana Tees
- Everlane Silk Button Down
- Mango Stripe Top
- Mer Sea Cashmere Sweater
- Mango Wool Skirt
- Madewell Straight Leg Denim
- Madewell Black Skinny Denim
- Bash Paris Black Pants
- Longchamp Tote
- A.P.C. Leather Bag
- Acne Studios Wool Scarf
- Le Specs Sunnies
- Suede Ankle Boots
- Sézane Jack Sneaker
- Everlane Loafer
- Chanel Ballet Flats
Are you going to Paris this Fall? If so, what are you packing?
More Paris Posts:
Where To Eat In Paris With A View
This post contains affiliate links and I make a small commission off these links if you purchase!