Paris In October – What To Pack
Paris In October
October is a great time to travel to Paris, the crowds have died down, hotels are cheaper, and the weather is beautiful. Here are 22 pieces to help inspire your packing if you’re traveling to Paris during the month of October.
The weather for Paris in October tends to be on the cooler side. The temps can range anywhere between 40-60s mostly with the average temperature being in the 50s. Paris in October also brings rain as well, so you want to make sure you are prepared with an umbrella and waterproof boots.
Shoes For Paris in October
Paris always involves a lot of walking no matter what season but you will want to pack a pair of sneakers. Everyone in Paris wears sneakers these days, popular ones are VEJA, Stan Smith, and Converse. You can also take a pair of ballet flats or waterproof booties in case it rains.
You can see my entire post dedicated to the best walking shoes for Paris here and the ones I find the most comfortable during my trip.
My one tip is to make sure you take along some sort of gel insoles and these Moleskine pads to put on the back of your shoes.
I also carry around my Longchamp tote with an extra pair of shoes for the day. That way, if I want to stop and take pictures in one shoe but wear my sneakers to walk around, I can switch them out.
Also, Paris is not the place to break in new shoes so make sure you don’t bring a brand new pair to walk the city.
Whenever I travel to Paris, I prefer to look more like a local vs. a tourist so I try and stay very neutral when it comes to my outfits. I make sure to pack versatile pieces which can be mixed and matched with each other.
Make sure to pack pieces that you can use for layers. Since the weather is becoming cooler, it’s best to have layers you can wear under sweaters, a trench coat, or blazer. My favorite layering tops are from Cuyana.
Packing basics will go a long way and actually give you more outfits. A good list to start with would be a pair of blue or black denim. A pair of grey or black trousers and a long black skirt or dress.
You will see a lot of Parisian women in mostly jeans and trousers. Depending on the weather some will still have on dresses or skirts with a jacket. No athleisurewear so leave your yoga pants at home, please. Shoes will be mostly sneakers and booties, and a slingback can also be an option.
Another thing to think about is if any of your pieces need to be tailored before your trip. I always make sure to take anything to the tailor a few weeks before the trip to ensure they are ready in time.
Travel Gear for October
When it comes to travel gear, I’ve learned over the years what works the best and items you may not think about but have helped me. When it comes to traveling on a plane this is what I always have with me. A great carry-on bag for the plane which is comfortable enough to carry everything I need. I have this carry-on bag but Everlane also has an affordable option. Inside the bag, I pack my eye mask, travel pillow, water bottle, and slippers ( I like to put these on when I am on the plane). Of course, my headphones are always with me as well as my Mer Sea wrap that goes everywhere.
Here are a few beauty tips for when I travel to Paris. I try to stay away from more than one alcoholic drink on the plane due to hydration. I also put this hydrating face mask on when I board to keep my face hydrated and use this eye cream when we land to help with puffiness.
For my suitcase, I use these Amazon suitcases and they have been great. I also use these packing cubes to help so I can pack more and these laundry bags. This luggage scale always goes with me so I know how heavy my bags are, and this travel steamer is perfect and works very well.
Other important items not to forget would be adapters, phone and camera chargers, and travel wallet if you want ( I use one and love it because I carry paperwork in there as well).
Included is a downloadable PDF packing list. Print this and check it off to ensure you have everything for your trip. You can download the packing list HERE.
- Mango Camel Coat– A camel coat is elegant and classic if you want something besides a black jacket. Wear it with jeans and booties for a very Parisian look.
- Mango Striped Sweater– Love the oversized look of this striped sweater you can wear it with jeans and either color of trousers.
- Cuyana Long Sleeve Shirts– These are my favorite long-sleeve layering tees to pack, they are lightweight and the perfect layering tee to wear under sweaters, the chambray top, and blazers.
- Cuyana Blazer– Such a beautiful and elevated blazer that comes with a detachable belt. So chic.
- Cuyana Easy Tote– Soft leather tote to carry around during the day. I like to always pack an extra pair of shoes in case I want to change during the day.
- & Other Stories Black Loafers– Loafers are a great staple piece for Fall and are a Parisian girl’s shoe of choice in Fall.
- Mango Check Blazer– You will also see Parisian women wearing checked blazers with denim and booties. Love the colors in this one.
- Madewell Perfect Vintage Denim– Black denim can always be dressed up or down in Paris, so I always make sure to pack a pair.
- Mango Tweed Blazer– Love this cropped tweed blazer with gold buttons.
- & Other Stories Blouse– This tie-neck blouse is so beautiful. Such an easy, classic, and timeless look to wear with denim.
- Everlane Cashmere Sweater– My favorite cashmere sweater to wear and travel with.
- Blondo Boots– A pair of waterproof boots is always a good idea, especially to pack in October.
- J.CREW Black Trousers– I always pack a pair of black trousers to wear with loafers or sneakers.
- Tory Burch Handbag– Beautiful leather handbag that looks like a Hermès.
- & Other Stories Denim– Flare denim is very on trend for Fall and very Parisian.
- Mango Black Belt– A classic black belt to go with all your outfits.
- Mango Trousers– Nice straight-leg trousers to pack and wear with sweaters, button-downs, or even the chambray shirt and sneakers.
- J.CREW Chambray Shirt– Classic chambray shirt you can wear with black denim or with flare denim and have a double denim look, it’s very Parisian.
- & Other Stories Cardigan– Navy tops or sweaters and black bottoms are such a great color combination and you will see this combination all over the streets of Paris.
- Mango Oversized Button Down– A classic white button-down is perfect to wear under blazers, and coats, and goes with denim and trousers. This one has a bit of an oversized look.
- Vaneli Black Slingbacks– Perfect Chanel slingback dupes to wear during the day or evening.
- VEJA Sneakers– My favorite sneaker to walk the streets of Paris are a pair of VEJA.
Need some outfit inspiration for your Paris in October trip, here are several ideas to help you along the way. These combinations are all meant to help when deciding what to pack for your trip.
Paris In October Outfit Ideas
This article contains affiliate links, if you should make a purchase I will make a small commission. Merci
Hopefully, this packing for Paris in October can help if you are planning a trip to the city of lights.
PARIS PACKING LISTS
- What To Pack For Paris In Fall
- What To Pack For Paris In September
- What To Pack For Paris In July
- What To Pack For Paris In April
OTHER PARIS INFORMATION
Are you heading to Paris anytime soon? I have a lot of information that can hopefully help plan your visit.