What To Pack For Paris In September
Heading to Paris in September and wondering about what to pack. I’ve created a packing list of 24 items to help inspire your trip to the city of light.
September is a wonderful time to head to Paris, actually, there is never a bad time to go to Paris is there.
The crowds have died down, fashion week takes place in the city, and you can still enjoy sitting on la terrasse drinking champagne in beautiful weather.
Weather in Paris In September
The weather in Paris during the month of September is incredible and it’s arguably one of the best months to go to Paris.
The average temperatures are in the 60s which is perfect for sweaters, trench coats, and booties. There can be a little rain with some breezy days and leaves are starting to turn.
Neutral Outfits To Pack For Paris
Whenever I travel to Paris, I prefer to look more like a local vs. a tourist so I try and stay very neutral when it comes to my outfits. I make sure to pack versatile pieces that can be mixed and matched with each other.
Make sure to pack pieces that you can use for layers. Since the weather is becoming a little breezy, it’s best to have layers you can wear under a cardigan, trench coat, or blazer.
Packing basics will go a long way and actually give you more outfits. A good list to start with would be a pair of blue or black denim. A pair of trousers and a long black skirt or dress.
You will see a lot of Parisian women in mostly jeans and trousers. Depending on the weather some will still have on dresses or skirts with a jacket. No athleisurewear so leave your yoga pants at home, please. Shoes will be mostly sneakers and booties.
Another thing to think about is if any of your pieces need to be tailored before your trip. I always make sure to take anything to the tailor a few weeks before the trip to ensure they are ready in time.
Shoes To Pack For Paris In September
Paris always involves a lot of walking no matter what season but you will want to pack a pair of sneakers and ankle boots. Everyone in Paris wears sneakers these days, popular ones are VEJA, Stan Smith, New Balance, and Converse.
You can see my entire post dedicated to the best walking shoes for Paris here and the ones I find the most comfortable during my trip for any season. Plus the best ones to walk all the cobblestone streets in Paris.
I also carry around my Longchamp tote with an extra pair of shoes for the day. That way, if I want to stop and take pictures in one shoe but wear my sneakers to walk around, I can switch them out.
Also, Paris is not the place to break in new shoes so make sure you don’t bring a brand new pair to walk the city.
Travel Gear for Paris
When it comes to travel gear, I’ve learned over the years what works the best and items you may not think about but have helped me. When it comes to traveling on a plane this is what I always have with me.
A great carry-on bag for the plane which is comfortable enough to carry everything I need. I have this Everywhere Bag which I also use along with this suitcase. Inside the bag, I pack my eye mask, travel pillow, water bottle, and slippers ( I like to put these on when I am on the plane). Of course, my headphones are always with me as well as my MERSEA wrap that goes everywhere.
I also use these packing cubes to help I can pack more and these laundry bags. This luggage scale always goes with me so I know how heavy my bags are, and this travel steamer is perfect and works very well. You can see my full travel essentials list for Paris here.
Other important items not to forget would be adapters, phones, travel umbrellas, and camera chargers.
What To Pack For Paris In September
- J.Crew Stripe Cardigan– Classic stripe sweater to wear by itself or layer it with a silk tank and jeans or trousers.
- J.Crew Silk Tanks– Perfect layering pieces for September weather to wear under sweaters, blazers, and tops.
- MANGO Black Blazer– Classic flowy black blazer to wear with jeans or trousers.
- MANGO Trench Coat– A trench coat is always a good idea for cool and rainy days.
- J.Crew Black Trousers– Classic pair of black trousers to wear with sweaters or button-downs.
- J.Crew Edie Leather Bag– Gorgeous leather bag at an affordable price point.
- J.Crew White Button Down– Another classic button-down to pack for wearing by itself or layering with other pieces.
- MOTHER Straight Leg Denim– Straight-leg denim is a choice worn by all Parisians.
- Cuyana White T-Shirt– One of my favorite basic white T-shirts.
- Frank & Eileen Denim Shirt– Relaxed denim shirt to wear with trousers or jeans.
- COS Scarf– Beautiful navy and cream stripe scarf to elevate your outfits.
- ba&sh Paris Jacket– My new favorite piece from ba&sh which is so chic. You can layer it with a T-shirt or button-down underneath.
- Longchamp Tote– The best tote to carry around Paris, it’s one Parisians carry as well.
- Tuckernuck Pump– Beautiful pump for dinners out.
- J.Crew Skirt– This skirt can easily be worn casually during the day and dressed up during the evening.
- VINCE Booties– Buttery soft pair of booties to pack for your trip.
- ba&sh Paris Belt– Gorgeous belt to add to your outfits.
- MOTHER Black Denim– Favorite pair of black denim to pack for Paris.
- J.Crew Trousers– Neutral pair of trousers which go with everything.
- J.Crew Cashmere Sweater– Short sleeve cashmere sweater, is perfect for the month of September.
- J.Crew Stripe Top– Stripe button-down to wear with jeans or trousers.
- J.Crew Mary Jane Shoes– Chic French girl-looking shoe.
- J.Crew Cashmere Tee– Short-sleeve cashmere sweater for when you don’t want to wear a long sleeve sweater.
- VEJA– Classic sneaker from the French brand to log all those miles you’ll be walking.
Need some outfit inspiration for your Paris in September trip, here are several ideas to help you along the way. These combinations are all meant to help when deciding what to pack for your trip.
Paris in September Outfit Ideas
This article contains affiliate links, if you should make a purchase I will make a small commission. Merci