Paris In September
Heading to Paris in September and wondering about what to pack. I’ve created a packing list of 18 items to help inspire your trip to the city of lights.
September is a wonderful time to head to Paris, actually, there is never a bad time to go to Paris is there.
The crowds have died down, fashion week takes place in the city, and you can still enjoy sitting on la terrasse drinking champagne in beautiful weather.
Weather in September
The weather in Paris during the month of September is incredible and it’s arguably one of the best months to go to Paris.
The average temperatures are in the 60s which is perfect for sweaters, trench coats, and booties. There can be a little rain with some breezy days and leaves are starting to turn.
Paris always involves a lot of walking no matter what season but you will want to pack a pair of sneakers. Everyone in Paris wears sneakers these days, popular ones are VEJA, Stan Smith, and Converse. You can also take a pair of ballet flats or waterproof booties in case it rains.
You can see my entire post dedicated to the best walking shoes for Paris here and the ones I find the most comfortable during my trip.
I also carry around my Longchamp tote with an extra pair of shoes for the day. That way, if I want to stop and take pictures in one shoe but wear my sneakers to walk around, I can switch them out.
Also, Paris is not the place to break in new shoes so make sure you don’t bring a brand new pair to walk the city.
Neutral Outfits to Wear in September
Whenever I travel to Paris, I prefer to look more like a local vs. a tourist so I try and stay very neutral when it comes to my outfits. I make sure to pack versatile pieces which can be mixed and matched with each other.
Make sure to pack pieces that you can use for layers. Since the weather is becoming a little breezy, it’s best to have layers you can wear under a cardigan, trench coat, or blazer.
Packing basics will go a long way and actually give you more outfits. A good list to start with would be a pair of blue or black denim. A pair of brown or black trousers and a long black skirt or dress.
You will see a lot of Parisian women in mostly jeans and trousers. Depending on the weather some will still have on dresses or skirts with a jacket. No athleisurewear so leave your yoga pants at home, please. Shoes will be mostly sneakers and booties.
Another thing to think about is if any of your pieces need to be tailored before your trip. I always make sure to take anything to the tailor a few weeks before the trip to ensure they are ready in time.
Travel Gear for Paris in September
When it comes to travel gear, I’ve learned over the years what works the best and items you may not think about but have helped me. When it comes to traveling on a plane this is what I always have with me. A great carry-on bag for the plane which is comfortable enough to carry everything I need. I have this carry-on bag but this Tumi bag is also a great option as well. Inside the bag, I pack my eye mask, travel pillow, water bottle, and slippers ( I like to put these on when I am on the plane). Of course, my headphones are always with me as well as my Mer Sea wrap that goes everywhere.
Here are a few beauty tips for when I travel to Paris. I try to stay away from more than one alcoholic drink on the plane due to hydration. I also put this hydrating face mask on when I board to keep my face hydrated and use this eye cream when we land to help with puffiness.
For my suitcase, I use these Amazon suitcases and they have been great. I also use these packing cubes to help so I can pack more and these laundry bags. This luggage scale always goes with me so I know how heavy my bags are, and this travel steamer is perfect and works very well.
Included is a downloadable PDF packing list. Print this and check it off to ensure you have everything for your trip. You can download the packing list HERE.
- Mango Tweed Blazer– You can’t go to Paris without a tweed blazer.
- Cuyana T-Shirts– Favorite tees for layering.
- & Other Stories Stripe Sweater– This looks like a very cozy sweater.
- Madewell Perfect Vintage Flare Denim– You will fit right in with a pair of flares and booties.
- Totême Silk Scarf– Beautiful silk scarf to make your outfit very Parisian and so chic.
- Longchamp Le Pilage Tote– The best tote to carry around the city and for travel in general.
- Vaneli Slingbacks– Chanel slingback dupes, at a fraction of the price.
- A.P.C. Grace Leather Bag– Classic leather bag to go with all your outfits.
- & Other Stories Trousers– Great pair of trousers which have a bit of a shorter length.
- Mango Trench – Another classic piece for Paris.
- Alex Mill Cardigan– Own several of these and they are perfect for leaving open and layered or buttoned up.
- & Other Stories Navy Sweater– A beautiful color combo is wearing navy with black. Incredibly Parisian looking.
- Alex Mill White Button Down– Different take on a normal white button-down. I love the Peter Pan collar and shoulders.
- Veja Esplar– One of the most popular shoe brands in the city.
- Mango Black Dress– For nights out or during the day with booties and a trench.
- Madewell Perfect Vintage Flare Denim– Same flare but in black, wear with the navy sweater.
- Waterproof Booties– Perfect bootie in case it rains.
- & Other Stories Wide Leg Trousers – Bit more dressy wide leg trousers.
Need some outfit inspiration for your Paris in September trip, here are several ideas to help you along the way. These combinations are all meant to help when deciding what to pack for your trip.
Paris in September Outfit Ideas
This article contains affiliate links, if you should make a purchase I will make a small commission. Merci
OTHER PARIS INFORMATION
Are you heading to Paris anytime soon? I have a lot of information that can hopefully help plan your visit.