Looking for a Valentine’s Day gift for your favorite Francophile? I’ve rounded up 8 gifts that are perfect to give or get your Francophile on “la Saint-Valentin” or “la fête des amoureux”, as they say in French.
Valentine’s Day is celebrated a bit differently in France than here in the states. It’s truly more of a romantic day for those in “love” versus a friendly gesture. And, kids do not exchange Valentine’s cards with friends at school as we do.
At this point for us, Valentine’s Day is more about London and we usually make a fun dinner at home. I’ll decorate with a few balloons and set a pretty table setting for the meal. We will make Shirley temples, have some sort of pasta dish, and end the meal with chocolate of course.
- In Love With Paris Book – The perfect book for your favorite Francophile who likes to cook. This book is full of receipes and stories that will transport you to the city of lights.
- Le Creuset L’Amour Mini Round Cocotte– A festive heart decorated mini cocotte which you can use for soups and desserts. Maybe a romantic dinner for la Saint-Valentin? You can also grab the matching soup pot for a beautifully decorated table.
- Diptyque Rose Candle– Limited edition rose candle in a beautiful glass jar smelling fresh and floral. Diptyque are my most favorite candles by far.
- CHANEL NO.5– What could be better than a signature scent for you favorite Francophile? This one is the most classic of all.
- Alex Mill Red Stripe Shirt– I love the vulominous sleeves on this shirt and the Peter Pan detailed collar. What a great way to update a classic button down. Easy to wear with jeans and loafers on the weekend.
- Godiva Chocolate– Everyone loves great chocolate and especially on Valentine’s Day. You’re sure to make your Francophile Valentine’s day complete and sweet.
- Bonne Maman Ways To Say I Love You– Bonne Maman always has the cutest gift packs with the most delicious jams. This pack contains 8 different preserves, 1 jelly, and 1 one honey. The pefect little pack to use on all your Spring picnics.
- Trip to PARIS– Ok, obviously this is the ultimate Francophile Valentine’s Day gift anyone could receive right! Hopefully, my husband is reading this right now. Spring is a beautiful time to visit the city.
If you’re not sure what to get you could a gift certificate to a favorite clothing store which is always a great idea. Maybe a gift card to Sèzane or Ba&sh Paris would be ideal. Also, a virtual French cooking class would be such a fun thing to do!
See Also Favorite Francophile Gifts.