French Girl Bag Comparision: Sézane Milo Versus A.P.C.Grace
Recently, I purchased the Sézane Milo in the Heritage color and had lots of questions about how it compares to my A.P.C. Grace which I own the small in black.
Both bags are classic, timeless, and chic, and resemble another high-end designer bag but at a fraction of the cost.
Sézane and A.P.C. are both French brands and bags French girls are carrying all over Paris. They can easily go from day to night with their classic structure and understated luxury looks.
If you’ve followed this blog for any length of time, you know that handbags are the one accessory I take very seriously. I feel a handbag can instantly transform your outfit and I prefer to stick with French brands, just a personal preference.
Let’s look at how Sézane Milo versus A.P.C. Grace compares with one another. These are the pros and cons I see in each bag and what I can fit into each one.
Sézane Milo Handbag
About Sézane Milo Classic
The new Sézane Milo Classic recently debuted in January of 2023. Already, I can tell this will be a bag on heavy rotation.
It’s classically structured in more of a rectangular shape that has a large interior and adjustable straps to carry over the shoulder or crossbody. The natural heritage is a gorgeous color which the gold buckle in front stands out nicely against.
- Dimensions : 17x24x4,5cm / 6.7×9.4×1.8 in
- Weight: 0,54 kg / 19 oz
- Length of handle: 33 cm / 13 in the shoulder, 50 cm / 19.7 in, cross body
- Comes in 4 colors: Khaki Snakeskin, Smooth Black, Blue Snakeskin, Natural Heritage
- Made In Italy
- External Main Fabric: 100% Vegetable-tanned smooth cowhide leather
- The price in the U.S. is $510
What It Fits For Me
- Small Wallet
- Sunglasses with sunglass case
- Multiple lipsticks
- iPhone 13
- 3 interior pockets plus one flap on the back exterior that can hold something.
- The Interior is larger overall.
- It can be worn with 2 lengths, crossbody or over the shoulder.
- Classic looking.
- Leather on the natural heritage is soft and might scratch more easily compared to the Grace bag.
- The gold buckle on the front will get scratched.
- Have to purchase online unless near a Sézane.
A.P.C. Grace Bag
About A.P.C. Grace Bag
The A.P.C. Grace Bag was the first one I noticed that had a luxury designer look for less with similar quality. I purchased this bag in the summer of 2022 and have used it almost daily since.
The bag has held up incredibly well, gone through travel all over, and still doesn’t have a scratch on the leather.
- The Grace bag comes in 5 different styles and all varying sizes and colors.
- The Grace bag I have is small.
- Dimensions: 8.46 x 6.69 x 1.96 in.
- 100% Calfskin Leather
- Price in the U.S. $760-$810
What It Fits For Me
- Small wallet
- Sunglasses with case
- iPhone 13
- 3 Interior Pockets, not large though.
- Can make into 2 lengths, crossbody or over the shoulder.
- The leather has held up extremely well, with no scratches after a year.
- Can purchase through multiple retailers.
- Gold Buckle Has Scratched
- No exterior pocket on the backside like the Sézane Classic Milo.
- Can carry the daily essentials but nothing else.
- Smaller overall compared to the Milo bag.
When it comes to the Sézane Milo versus A.P.C. Grace, both are incredibly classic options. They are both investment options but you will have either bag years from now and they will still be just as timeless to use.
You can’t go wrong with either bag. It all depends on what size you are looking for, your budget, and what color you want to go with.
This article contains affiliate links, if you should make a purchase I will make a small commission. Merci.