What to Pack for Paris in May
Want to know what you should pack for Paris in May? I’ve put together a list of 22 classic and chic pieces to help you with your packing list and what to take to the city of light during the month of May and spring.
May is a wonderful time to visit Paris because daylight lasts longer, blooms are in full swing around the city, and it’s right before the full tourist season begins.
Weather In Paris During May
The weather in Paris during May is average highs of 69 during the day and average lows of 49 during the evenings. The average days of rain for the month of May in Paris are 12.
Shoes To Pack For Paris In May
Paris is best when explored on foot, there’s so much to see, and you don’t want to miss a thing. Just be prepared with comfortable shoes to walk all over Paris. Everyone in Paris wears sneakers these days, popular ones are VEJA, Stan Smith, and Converse. You can also opt for a comfortable pair of loafers or ballet flats which are always seen on the streets of Paris.
You can see my entire post dedicated to the best walking shoes for Paris here and the ones I find the most comfortable during my trip for fall, spring, and summer.
I also carry around my Longchamp tote with an extra pair of shoes for the day. That way, if I want to stop and take pictures in one shoe but wear my sneakers to walk around, I can switch them out.
Also, Paris is not the place to break in new shoes so make sure you don’t bring a brand new pair to walk the city.
Neutral Outfits To Wear In Paris In May
When I pack for Paris, I prefer to blend in and look more like a local. I tend to stick with a neutral color palette but also pack versatile items which you can easily mix and match to look chic and classic during the spring season and the month of May.
Make sure to pack pieces that you can use for layers. Since the weather will still be chilly in the mornings, it’s best to have layers you can wear under sweaters, a trench coat, or a blazer. My favorite layering tops are from Cuyana but Everlane also has great ones as well.
You will see a lot of Parisian women in mostly jeans and trousers. Depending on the weather some will have on dresses or skirts with a jacket. No athleisurewear so leave your yoga pants at home, please.
Another thing to think about is if any of your pieces need to be tailored before your trip. I always make sure to take anything to the tailor a few weeks before the trip to ensure they are ready in time.
Travel Essentials To Pack For Paris In May
I have put together a list of 24 items that I pack for every Paris trip. These are the items I consider necessary for the trip, however, everyone is different.
A great carry-on bag for the plane which is comfortable enough to carry everything I need. I have this carry-on bag but Everlane also has an affordable option. Inside the bag, I pack my eye mask, water bottle, and slippers ( I like to put these on when I am on the plane).
For my suitcase, I use these Amazon suitcases and they have been great. I also use these packing cubes to help me pack more and these laundry bags. This luggage scale always goes with me so I know how heavy my bags are, and this travel steamer is perfect and works very well.
Included is a downloadable PDF packing list. Print this and check it off to ensure you have everything for your trip. You can download the packing list HERE, I’ve included the Spring list.
More Important Packing Tips For Paris In May
May can still be chilly in the mornings, so take this into consideration when packing. If you are someone who gets cold more easily, maybe you want to take more layers in the form of tees, long sleeve bodysuits, or more camis.
This list is meant to help inspire and obviously isn’t all-inclusive of other things you might want to pack.
22 Pieces To Pack For Paris In May
- MANGO Denim Blazer– Love this chic way to wear denim, as a blazer with tees and camis.
- MANGO Cardigan– Classic black and white cardigan you can wear for years with jeans and trousers.
- MANGO Blazer– Always love a cream blazer to wear during the spring season.
- & Other Stories Striped Sweater– You can never go wrong with a classic striped sweater, very Parisian looking.
- Madewell Denim– Change up your white denim with an ecru pair.
- Cuyana Silk Camis– My favorite camis to layer under sweaters and jackets.
- & Other Stories Handbag– Love this designer dupe handbag, perfect for spring. If it’s out of stock, try this one.
- J.Crew Slip Dress– A beautiful and classic dress to wear during the day with a sweater and at night with a blazer and heels for dinner.
- Everlane Silk Button Down– Beautiful and easy-going silk button-down. These are some of my favorite no-fuss silk blouses.
- GAP White Button Down– Classic button-down you can wear with anything.
- J.Crew Cashmere Tee– For days when it feels a bit warmer, wear this cashmere tee under a jacket.
- MANGO Trench Coat– The most classic Parisian coat to wear in the city.
- Madewell Loafer– Loafers are a shoe you will see all over the streets of Paris.
- Silk Scarf– To dress up the most basic of outfits, go with a silk scarf.
- J.Crew Trousers– Timeless pair of black trousers which are easy to pack and easy to wear.
- VEJA– Classic French sneaker to walk all those miles around the city.
- AGOLDE Straight Leg Denim– A style favored by Parisian women is straight-leg denim. These are one of my favorite pairs to wear with sneakers or flats.
- Everlane Crewneck Tee– Basic tees to layer under jackets.
- J.Crew Belt– Classic belt to wear with denim and trousers.
- Jon Josef Ballet Flat– Chanel ballet flat dupe that’s just as chic.
- Old Navy Cardigan– Great price and easy cardigan to wear during the day over a cami or tee with jeans.
- Longchamp Tote– My favorite bag to carry around the city along with this insert.
Here are some outfit combinations in case you’re in need of inspiration on how to wear the 22 pieces.
Paris In May Outfit Ideas
Hopefully, this has helped with your Paris in May packing list to help you feel put together, chic, confident, and ready for your trip to Paris.
This article contains affiliate links if you should make a purchase, I will make a small commission. Merci
OTHER PARIS INFORMATION
Heading to Paris anytime soon? Check out these other posts for helpful tips to know.