What to Pack for Paris in April
Heading to Paris in April and need some help with what to pack for the spring season in the city of light. Here are 24 classic and chic pieces to help you with your packing list and what to take.
April is one of my favorite times to visit the city during the year. Tourist season isn’t in full swing yet, locals are out and about enjoying the city to the fullest, café patios fill up again, and the weather is quite pleasant.
April is the prime time to view the city coming to life with Cherry Blossoms, apple trees, and tulips everywhere. It’s a wonderful time to explore the many parks and gardens Paris has to offer.
Weather In Paris During April
The weather during April in Paris is usually in the low 40s in the morning to the 60s in the afternoon. Mornings are brisk and rain is common during April, so you want to make sure you are prepared.
I’ve been there in April before and had to buy a heavy wool coat because it was so cold and all I packed was my trench, so you always have to be ready for any kind of weather in Paris during the spring season.
Shoes To Pack For Paris In April
Paris by foot is the best way to take advantage of walking around the city during April. Just be prepared with comfortable shoes to walk all over Paris. Everyone in Paris wears sneakers these days, popular ones are VEJA, Stan Smith, and Converse.
You can see my entire post dedicated to the best walking shoes for Paris here and the ones I find the most comfortable during my trip for fall, spring, and summer.
Also, Paris is not the place to break in new shoes so make sure you don’t bring a brand new pair to walk the city. Paris is also full of cobblestone streets so keep your heels for dinner only.
SHOES TO PACK
Neutral Outfits To Wear In Paris In April
When I pack for Paris, I prefer to blend in and look more like a local. I tend to stick with a neutral color palette but also pack versatile items that can easily mix and match to look chic and classic during the spring season.
Make sure to pack pieces that you can use for layers. Since the weather will still be chilly in the mornings, it’s best to wear layers under sweaters, a trench coat, or a blazer. My favorite layering tops are from Cuyana but Everlane also has great ones as well.
You will see a lot of Parisian women in mostly jeans and trousers. Depending on the weather some will have on dresses or skirts with a jacket. No athleisurewear so leave your yoga pants at home, please.
Another thing to think about is if any of your pieces need to be tailored before your trip. I always make sure to take anything to the tailor a few weeks before the trip to ensure they are ready in time.
Travel Gear For Paris In April
I have narrowed down a list of 24 items that I pack for every Paris trip. These are the items I consider necessary for the trip.
A great carry-on bag for the plane which is comfortable enough to carry everything I need. I have this carry-on bag but Everlane also has an affordable option. Inside the bag, I pack my eye mask, water bottle, and slippers ( I like to put these on when I am on the plane).
For my suitcase, I use these Amazon suitcases and they have been great. I also use these packing cubes to help me pack more and these laundry bags. This luggage scale always goes with me so I know how heavy my bags are, and this travel steamer is perfect and works very well.
Other important items not to forget would be adapters, phone and camera, and chargers.
Included is a downloadable PDF packing list. Print this and check it off to ensure you have everything for your trip. You can download the packing list HERE, I’ve included the Spring list.
Other Important Packing Tips For Paris In April
April can still be a bit brisk in the mornings, so consider this when packing. If you are someone who gets chilly easily, maybe you want to take more layers in the form of tees, long-sleeved bodysuits, or more camis.
This list is meant to help inspire and isn’t all-inclusive of other things you might want to pack.
- MANGO Trench Coat– Classic trench coat for those rainy days to look like a local.
- J.Crew Longer Lady Jacket– Beautiful longer tweed jacket to wear with jeans and trousers for a dressed up or casual chic look.
- J.Crew Button Down– Simple and oversized button-down to take for layering with jeans, trench, and ballet flats.
- & Other Stories Silk Button Down– Beautiful navy silk button-down to wear during the day with black jeans and boots.
- AGOLDE Straight Leg Denim– Straight leg denim is what the Parisians wear so make sure to pack a blue and black pair.
- Vaneli Two Tone Slingback– Designer-inspired two-tone slingbacks to wear with jeans, trousers, and a jumpsuit. Elegant and classic shoes for Paris.
- & Other Stories Wool Blazer– For the cooler days and nights take a wool blazer to look classic while staying warm at the same time.
- J.Crew Striped Top– Love this new striped top version that’s a little oversized.
- J.Crew Leather Belt– A classic leather belt is always a good accessory to pack.
- Cuyana Silk Cami- Favorite layering tanks to wear under blazers, sweaters, and tweed jackets.
- AGOLDE Straight Leg Black Denim– Favorite pair of black denim to wear with boots, sneakers, and slingbacks.
- M.Gemi Danza Ballet Flat– My favorite pair of ballet flats because they have a hidden wedge inside the heel. This helps to provide a little height and extra support while not being so flat.
- J.Crew Wide Leg Pant– Classic pair of wide-leg black trousers to take for the tweed jackets and button-down tops.
- MANGO Jumpsuit– Chic jumpsuit for the evenings out.
- Adidas Stan Smith– One of the favorite sneaker styles of Parisians is Stan Smith. Wear them and you will look like you belong there.
- Sézane Milo Handbag– My favorite classic handbag that’s also roomy enough for essentials.
- MANGO Tweed Jacket– A tweed jacket is always a necessity in Paris. Wear it casually with the denim and dress it up with black trousers and slingbacks.
- Isotoner Leather Gloves– Make sure to pack a pair of gloves just in case you need them.
- Blondo Waterproof Boot– It’s still a good idea to pack waterproof boots even during April and the spring season.
- H&M Scarf– Simple and chic scarf to take which is so French looking.
- Umbrella– An umbrella is also a good accessory to take with you during April because it will more than likely rain at some point during your trip.
- Longchamp Tote– One of my favorite totes to carry around the city.
- Everlane Layering Top– Another great layering option is these tops.
- J.Crew Navy Rollneck Sweater– This basic roll-neck sweater is in navy to wear with jeans and black pants as well. You will see navy being worn all over Paris.
Here are different outfit combinations in case you need inspiration on how to wear the 24 pieces.
Paris In April Outfit Ideas
SHOP THE LOOK
SHOP THE LOOK
SHOP THE LOOK
Hopefully, this has helped with your Paris in April packing list to help you feel put together, chic, confident, and ready for your trip to Paris.
This article contains affiliate links if you should make a purchase, I will make a small commission. Merci